Shipping containers provide a secure and useful means of transporting items over long distances. 20 foot containers are considered the industry standard for shipping containers. Properly loading a shipping container can help ensure your items arrive safely at their destination. Here’s a few tips how to load a 20 foot shipping container the right way:
- Obtain any packaging materials you will need to pack up the items to be shipped in the container ahead of time.
- Before loading your shipping container, let it air out. This will get any unpleasant odors out of the container and also help make the temperature inside the container more tolerable, allowing you to work more easily in the container.
- Make sure you use sturdy boxes and crates to store items and that the items have proper insulation to protect fragile items against damage.
- Be sure to load the heaviest items toward the bottom of the shipping container. Also, distribute weight evenly throughout the container to reduce the likelihood that the container will shift during transport.
- Also be sure to properly close and secure the shipping container, prior to transport, to ensure that nothing falls out of the container.
Proper loading will help users of 20 foot shipping containers get the best use from these storage devices and ensure their goods arrive at their destination undamaged.