Buy or Rent 40 Ft. Storage Containers
40-foot storage containers are industry standard when it comes to shipping, transportation, and storage; they are the most abundant size throughout the world. That means if you’re a business owner, a construction site supervisor, in the transportation business, or more, you’ve likely planned to buy or rent 40 ft. storage containers at some point.
Shipping container quality matters when it comes to how you store your precious goods, no matter if they’re for sale or to be used at your job site or office. Don’t buy or rent 40 ft. storage containers from just anyone. When you want top-quality storage containers at low prices, customizable, and delivered right to your doorstep, rely on LGI Transport, LLC! We have a huge variety of 40 ft. storage containers for sale all across the northeastern US. We also sell 20 ft. storage containers and high cube storage containers.
Our team delivers and customizes shipping containers to customers throughout:
Features of the 40 Ft. Storage Containers
When you buy or rent 40 ft. storage containers from LGI Transport, you can expect the following from all of our 40’ containers.
- 14-gauge corrugated steel panels
- Lockable double doors on one end
- 1 ⅛ inch thick marine plywood flooring on interior
- Watertight construction
- Sealed against pest infestations, moisture, decay, high humidity levels, and rot
Common Uses of 40 Ft. Storage Containers
- Shipping livestock and agricultural supplies
- Storage and transport of hazardous materials and/or chemicals
- Shipping of files, books, and business records
- Shipping of shipboard supplies
- Sports equipment transportation to recreational facilities or schools
- Storage and transportation of boats, tractors, motorcycles, and other vehicles
40 Ft. Storage Container FAQ
Here are some frequently asked questions to check out if you’re planning to buy or rent 40 ft. storage containers from LGI Transport.
What Are the Exterior Dimensions of the Storage Container?
The exterior dimensions of all of our standard 40 ft. storage containers for sale and/or rent are as follows:
- Length: 40 feet (12.2 meters)
- Width: 8 feet (2.4 meters)
- Height: 8½ feet (2.6 meters)
What Are the Interior Dimensions of the Storage Container?
Standard 40-foot storage containers’ interior measurements are as follows:
- Length: 39½ feet (12 meters)
- Width: 7 feet, 8 inches (2.3 meters)
- Height: 7 feet, 10 inches (2.4 meters)
The average door opening for a 40’ storage container measures 7½ feet (2.3 meters) by 7 feet, 9 inches (2.4 meters) by 7½ feet (2.3 meters).
How Much Does a 40 Ft. Storage Container Weigh?
Most empty 40-ft. storage containers weigh around 8200 lbs (around 4 tons). While this may seem like a large amount, consider that the average automobile weighs 4,000 lbs, so transportation of your 40 ft. storage container will be easier than you think.
What Is the Capacity of a 40 Ft. Storage Container?
- The usable capacity (volume) of a standard 40-ft. storage container is roughly 2200 cubic feet (67.7 cubic meters). This measurement includes the entire capacity of the container if you were to fill the entire unit to the top.
- The floor space inside a standard 40-ft. storage container measures around 300 square feet (26.5 square meters).
- 21 standard American-sized pallets (40×48” or 1×1.2m) can be laid end to end inside the unit.
- About 4 standard-sized cars (midsize coupes or sedans) can fit into a standard 40 ft. storage container.
- The maximum payload (weight the container can hold) is about 63,400 lbs.
How Do I Prepare for Storage Container Delivery?
One of our most common questions from customers who want to buy or rent 40 ft. storage containers is how to prepare for delivery. Here are some tips to make your shipping container delivery a success:
- Plan intelligently about where you want your 40’ storage container to be located.
Pick out a surface that is level and sturdy, such as a flat and hard patch of asphalt, and make sure a truck can reasonably reach the area where you would like the container. Also, think about where you would like the entrance of the container to be pointing as well as how far away the container is from your job site or home.
- Clear away the space where you’ll be putting your container. Don’t forget to check for anything that could damage a truck’s tires.
- Move any other cars or obstructions away from the path the truck will likely take to drop off the container.
- You, or someone else authorized by you, will need to be present for the dropoff process, so don’t double-book your schedule during the window of time we’ll be coming by.
- Communicate any scheduling delays, unexpected events, or potential problems to our friendly delivery team ASAP.
LGI Transport Has What You Need!
You won’t regret making the choice to buy or rent 40 ft. storage containers from LGI Transport! Our storage containers are perfect for commercial, industrial, and rural storage applications, and we pride ourselves on keeping them in great shape for our clients. Browse our other storage container sizes like 40’ high cube and 20’ or check out our mobile office trailers!