Buy or Rent 20 ft. Storage Containers
If you or your business need to buy or rent 20 ft. storage containers, don’t settle for less than the absolute best. LGI Transport, LLC, has been offering 20 ft. storage containers for sale for years at competitive prices — and that’s just one of the many reasons our customers consistently rank us among the best in the industry!
Only LGI offers the kind of shipping container quality, customization, and delivery service that will not only meet but exceed your expectations. We can design, customize, and deliver 20-foot shipping containers to your exact specifications in:
Features of the 20 Ft. Storage Containers
By choosing LGI Transport when you buy or rent 20 ft. storage containers, you’re ensuring your containers have all of these and more features:
- Body panels constructed from 14-gauge corrugated steel
- Double doors with place for lock on one end of the container
- Interior flooring made from 1 ⅛” marine plywood
- Superior construction that protects container from animal activity, moisture and humidity, rot, and decay
Common Uses of 20 Ft. Storage Containers
Even though 20’ storage containers aren’t as large as our 40 ft. storage containers or high cube storage containers, they still provide storage and transportation solutions for countless commercial, residential, transportation, and industrial applications. We’ve had clients buy or rent 20 ft. storage containers for these and more uses:
- Agricultural (livestock holding or transport, feed storage)
- Automotive (wheel and tire storage, vehicle transport)
- Business (document storage, mobile office solutions, sensitive information protection)
- Chemical (hazardous materials, chemical waste, protected formulas)
- Commerce and retail (warehousing, inventory solutions)
- Construction (jobsite materials, large or heavy items, bulk tools/raw materials)
- Education and entertainment (bulk sports equipment, textbook distribution, college dorm supplies)
- Food service (shelf stable food and beverage storage, safety equipment, kitchen tools)
- Healthcare (PPE shipments, laundry and linens transport, records storage)
- Home use (decluttering, home additions, temporary/permanent storage)
20 Ft. Storage Container FAQ
Do you have questions about our 20 ft. storage containers for sale? You’re in the right place! Read more to learn everything you need to know about 20’ storage containers.
What Are the Exterior Dimensions of the Storage Container?
Before you buy or rent 20 ft. storage containers assuming that they’re half the size of their 40-ft. counterparts in all aspects, take some time to learn about their exterior dimensions.
- Length: 20 feet (6.1 meters)
- Width: 8 feet (2.4 meters)
- Height: 8½ feet (2.6 meters)
What Are the Interior Dimensions of the Storage Container?
Here are the interior dimensions of the average 20’ storage container.
● Length: 19 feet, 3 inches (5.9 meters)
● Width: 7 feet, 8 inches (2.3 meters)
● Height: 7 feet, 10 inches (2.4 meters)
The average door opening for a 20’ storage container measures 7 feet, 9 inches(2.4 meters) by 7½ feet (2.3 meters).
How Much Does a 20 Ft. Storage Container Weigh?
A 20-foot storage container weighs about 5,000 lbs, or a little over 2 tons. This is slightly more than the weight of the average automobile.
What Is the Capacity of a 20 Ft. Storage Container?
- The usable capacity (volume) of a standard 20-ft. storage container is roughly 1,170 cubic feet (33.1 cubic meters).
- The floor space inside a standard 20-ft. storage container measures around 145 square feet (13.5 square meters).
- 10 to 11 standard American-sized pallets (40×48” or 1×1.2m) can be laid end to end inside the unit.
- 2-3 standard-sized cars (midsize coupes or sedans) can fit into a standard 20 ft. storage container.
- The maximum payload (weight the container can hold) is about 52,000 lbs.
How Do I Prepare for Storage Container Delivery?
Many customers with smaller storage need to buy or rent 20 ft. storage containers because they fit in a single parking spot, making them convenient and portable. However, there are still some common-sense preparation tasks you should complete before you have your storage container(s) delivered. Use these tips and your delivery will go off without a hitch:
- Choose a flat, dry, and hard location to place the container.
- Ensure the delivery area is clean and clear of debris.
- Make room for the delivery truck — move anything in the way and leave extra space for the truck to clear any other nearby vehicles.
- Schedule the delivery for a time you are available (or can authorize someone who is) to sign the paperwork — we need your signature to finish the dropoff.
“Containing” Your Business and Transportation Needs!
Ready to buy or rent a 20 ft. storage container? We’re looking forward to hearing from you and helping you get your shipment on the road — or across the seven seas — ASAP.
If you think a 20-ft. container may be too small for your storage or transportation needs, don’t forget to look through our 40-ft. storage containers and high cube storage containers. Sick of working from home in a small and cramped space or seeking out jobsite solutions? Also be sure to check out our mobile office trailers.
Whatever you may need, we’re here to serve you and your business. Get in touch with our knowledgeable, experienced, and helpful team today!